To factory reset a Polar S725x (possibly S725 or S625 and others?) follow the following steps:
- Using a paper clip or some other small, pointed tool press and release the RESET button which is located between the UP and DOWN buttons.
- All the LCD segments on the display should light up.
- Press and release the bottom left (STOP) button followed by the top right (UP) button. You should now see “Monitor S725” on the screen.
- Using the UP and DOWN buttons, scroll until you see “Default SET” displayed.
- Press and hold the big bottom middle (OK) button for a few seconds. This should cause “Default SET” to flash, keep holding the button until the display resets to that shown in step 2. Release the button.
- Press and release the big bottom middle (START) button
Factory defaults should be applied and any user settings should be cleared.
It’s a shame this procedure is not documented in the Polar S725x manual.
Thanks to “Wayne@PolarUSA”‘s post which gives just enough info to figure out the specifics needed to perform the reset.